Thursday, January 31, 2013

Karen's Journal- No Theme (Have Fun!)

I didn't have much time to create a journal from scratch (wasn't paying attention to the Milliande Ning group's call for swaps) so I just printed fabric and sewed a simple cover to a Strathmore Visual Journal (watercolor paper weight). I decided not to have a theme. I don't know if this is easier or not. You'll have to ask Louise and Helen. I wanted them to have as much freedom to play as their hearts desired. I do plan to decorate the outside of the journal once its journey is done.

I am so excited to be a part of this exchange. These kinds of activities always help me grow as a person and an artist. I am honored to have the opportunity to play with two amazing Australian artists.

I did watercolor and write on a few pages to give them a peek at who I am as a journal artist. I included some quotes because I do love collecting them. I hope they feel free to add to these pages too.  This is going to be fun!


2 comments:

  1. I love your covers Karen, and I think you are amazing getting them to fit so well :)

    Your journal is a lovely colorful space already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love color! But I bet you didn't need to be told that. Hugs, Karen

      Delete